Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I took a few film tips from Priyanka: Mughda Godse

Stepping into the world of Bollywood from the world of modeling is not something that hasn't happened before. Although there's a vast difference in both the worlds, it's nothing new for super model Mugdha. Even after entering Bollywood from the world of fashion, she's still a part of 'Fashion'.

Q-Are you nervous or excited about your first release Fashion?
A-Honestly speaking, it's a mixed reaction. There are a lot of things happening inside of me which I am unable to describe. Along with nervousness, there's a feeling of a little fear, happiness and excitement too.

Even though I am enjoying myself, I'm a bit restless too. For the first time I will be seen on the big screen, don't know if the viewers are going to like me or not. Until now all the reports are good but the acting has to be appreciated also.

Q- You believe that in your case Madhur Bhandarkar was able to unearth a brilliant actress out of a model?
A- Absolutely yes, and that's the sign of a great director. He actually dug out all that hidden talent in me which I was completely unaware of. For now, I really hope that I get the opportunity to work with more such directors so that I can discover more of my abilities.

Q – Since you belong to the world of fashion yourself, did it so happen that you got to learn many new things about it through this film?
A - I didn't learn any new things about it because the fashion world has been very keenly studied and observed by Madhur and only then has he made a good film on it.

What I did learn though, was how a director can use his intellect to deal with a given subject in a very neat and beautiful way and present it before the audiences. Also, I learnt how a film is made and what all is to be kept in mind when one decides to make a film.

Q – Did you ever disagree with a scene in the film feeling that it doesn't happen this way in the fashion world?
A – No, this didn't happen at all. In fact, after watching every scene, I reminded myself that all of this had happened to me before.

Being a part of this world, I have lived each and every one of these moments. What I was most happy about was that instead of showing gossiping or cat fights, Madhur has displayed emotions in the right way.

How models feel in their moments of joy and grief has been beautifully presented by him. According to me, this is the special feature of the film.

Q – According to you, your character Janet is quite different from Mugdha. But is there something which happens to be common in both?
A – (laughs) The only similarity is that both of them are models, beautiful ones, that is. Apart from that, Janet, like Mugdha, has a good heart.

Q – Normally, films mirror the society. Do you think the audience could relate to this film?
A – I'm not sure about the audience but the fashion industry will definitely relate to this film. The way the innumerable emotions have been displayed through the medium of imaginary characters, every model who watches this film will surely feel that this has happened to me before. As for the audience, they'll discover the truth about the fashion world.

Q – Most of the time, viewers feel that the fashion world is a glamorous one and that it's out of their reach. Do you think its human aspect could be put forth before them?
A – Oh yes, I'm sure. I feel that not only will the people realize the truth about the fashion world but will also turn sympathetic towards us.

Q – How was the experience of working with Priyanka and Kangana?
A – It was great working with both of them. Initially, I was scared to work with two such beautiful actresses but when I went to the sets; both of them welcomed me with open arms. I feel that acting is just the medium of reacting. Until you haven't mastered it, you can't react. So they helped me to get better a great deal.

Q – Why did you call them beautiful actresses? Don't you feel you are beautiful too?
A – (laughs) No, it's nothing like that. Obviously I find myself beautiful but I also appreciate others' beauty. And they are really beautiful too! I feel that adopting an appreciative attitude towards other people's beauty is good and that everyone should do it.

Q – One of the actresses who worked with you had no idea about the fashion world while the other was a part of it. So did Kangana ever take any tips from you or did Priyanka give you some?
A – I took a few film tips from Priyanka like how to face the camera, etc. during the shooting. Kangana is a brilliant actress so she didn't have to take any tips from me. She'd prepared herself in advance. She's an artist who can easily mould herself easily into any character.

Q – During the shooting of the film, there were many arguments between Priyanka and Kangana regarding the outfits. Did any of this happen to you too?
A – No, this didn't happen with me or with them either. These are just plain rumors. On the contrary, I was surprised to see the organized way in which people were working on the sets. I had often heard that there are many obstacles while making a film but we had none of this here.

Q – You enter Bollywood with this film. Do you want to continue acting or would you rather remain a model?
A – I've already become a small part of Bollywood and my co-stars have by now accepted me. What remains is to see whether the audience likes me or not. I've got quite a number of film offers and I've been giving them full thought.

I would love to be a part of Bollywood but I can't say goodbye to modeling because I am what I am thanks to modeling. I agree that I won't be able to devote as much time to it as I could before but yes, I'd love to walk the ramp sometimes.

Q – Once, you mentioned somewhere that amongst male models, only Milind Soman and Arjun Rampal were your friends. As for the others you said, "The others weren't that great." Why's that?
A – That's because my image of a male model is that of a 'macho man' under which only these two names can fit. These days male models are quite thin, long-haired and metrosexual. They look attractive while they walk the ramp but I personally don't like them much.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment