Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am a very homely girl, says Kareena



Kareena is shooting for a TV commercial and she looks like a million bucks. On spotting you , she says, "Come. Let's settle down for a chat."

Excerpts from the interview:

You look far calmer these days; quite unlike the restless Kareena we all knew a few years ago.
I was a child then.

Is it the Saif effect?
Of course, it is. Also, experiences have made me stronger.

Like?
I mean whatever I have gone through in my personal and professional life. I’m a stronger girl now, far more at ease with myself than I was earlier. I’m doing things, which I want to.

You have moved on in your personal life. Was it difficult parting with Shahid?
Yes, it was a very difficult period. Whatever went wrong between Shahid and me is very personal. I have always maintained that Shahid will always be part of my life. But, we are better off as friends. There is no animosity.

On hindsight, do you think you could have done something to save the relationship?
Sometimes there are no reasons for things which happen in life. Even if there’s one, I don't think it’s right to talk about it openly.

Did it take time for your family to absorb the fact that you were in love with Saif?
No, I don't think so. My mother is cool about it. And Karisma and Saif get along like a house on fire.

How is Saif as a partner?
He is fun and extremely loyal. He has all the qualities which I always wanted in a man.

Is he very possessive? There were stories that he was upset with your dress at the IIFA awards and also when you gave a peck on the cheek to Sylvester Stallone?
Saif is very supportive. He gives me space. All those stories were false.

You get along well with his two children, Sara and Ibrahim?
Both his kids are very loving. They are like Samaira (Karisma's daughter) to me.

Are you in touch with Shahid?
Oh yes. I message him and he messages me.

What about marriage with Saif?
Way in the future.

Way in the future? Not in the near future?
(Laughs) Yes, it's in the future definitely, but not for the next two-three years. But, we want to be together.

You value marriage. You helped Karisma reconcile with her husband Sanjay?

Contrary to what people believe, I am a very homely girl. I am always there for those who are there for me. Frankly, I am nobody to help somebody with their marriage. But as a sister, I can only offer support and advice. It has worked.

You lost out on Dostana and Dilli 6 because Abhishek didn't want to work with you?
Firstly, there was no fight with Abhishek. He has decided not to work with me and I have decided the same.For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment