Thursday, April 23, 2009

'It is too early to involve families'

Deepika Padukone has been in the industry for just a year and half. But she is without doubt one of the most talked about people in Bollywood. And when it comes to her relationship with beau Ranbir Kapoor, talk and rumours are endless.

Taking a rather fresh and ‘honest’ approach, the actress decided to go ahead and clear the air.

Read on as she talks about her love life, ex-boyfriend and films to come…

A recent interview with a magazine saw you coming out full on about your relationship with Ranbir. You seem to have remodelled yourself and become free-speaking and honest!

I don’t think it is anything like new and improved. I have always believed in being honest and that’s what I have done here. May be it is also because now I have a lot more to talk about or have a lot more experience that I can share.

One thing that my father always taught me was to be honest when being interviewed. I have always been honest and answered whatever I have been asked.

It is also important on the journalist’s part to have the right questions as you need a guideline to stick to the kind of questions you would like to ask. And also, ask it in the right way which makes us want to answer it.

Does being open about relationships harm your image as an actress?

I don’t think so. It is important to be honest because somewhere I would anyway get caught. I have been always been very clear about everything that I have said, whether it has been about my relationships or my movies, their failure or success.

What makes you so open about your relationships?

Well, I think I also know where to draw the line. I am not someone who will hide it as I am not embarrassed about being in love as I think it is the most beautiful feeling. But then, as I said, I know where to draw the line and what happens beyond that is something I don’t think people need to know.

Since you are being all honest, tell us, are you uncomfortable about Ranbir’s affinity to Katrina Kaif?

Do I look uncomfortable or worried? (Laughs) I am quite happy about their relationship. They are just friends. All’s very clear and going well.

We hear while Rishi and Neetu Kapoor have accepted your relationship, Ranbir’s sister Riddhima is not quite approving. What do you have to say?

I think it is too early to involve families.

Ranbir is growing his beard for his next film. Do you like him this way or you prefer him clean shaved?

I think that’s up to you to decide how you like him when you see him.

And we hear he has been asked not to mingle in public much so as not to reveal his look. Do you miss partying with him outside?

No one is under house arrest!

Bipasha Basu recently said Ranbir is one of the hottest actors around.

I agree with her.

Talking about films, you did admit that ‘Chandni Chowk To China’s’ failure disappointed you. Would you be honest enough to admit that it was a bad film after all?

Absolutely not! Why would I be a part of it otherwise? Somewhere as an actor you trust your script. I chose to be a part of the film. No one forced me to do so. I trusted my director and trusted my judgment and sometimes you go wrong. But you learn from your mistakes. I definitely don’t regret making the decision, but yes I am disappointed it didn’t do well as we really worked hard to make it.

Akshay Kumar apparently said he would not like to work with you as you were unlucky for him. Your comment please.

I don’t think he would say so. We will be working together very soon in Sajid Khan’s movie ‘Housefull’. We start shooting in June.

Your next project is ‘Love Aaj Kal’ with Saif Ali Khan. Tell us about that.

Thank you for asking as I have been waiting to talk about that one! It is something that I am really looking forward to. Working with Imtiaz (Ali) was a dream for me. Not only because of ‘Jab We Met’. I have also seen his first film ‘Socha Na Tha’ and I think he is an extremely talented director. He is a wonderful person and that comes across in the way he directs his films. Also, ‘Love Aaj Kal’ is very different in terms of the role I play in it.

Saif Ali Khan says you are the most stylish lady in the industry. How do you react? What do you think about Kareena Kapoor?

I am actually very fond of Kareena as an actor. In terms of style, I think we actors very rarely get a chance to dress the way we want to. Usually we dress for a film or an event. We are always dressing the way someone expects us to wear when we go to events.

I think Kareena is looking fabulous after all the weight she has lost. But if Saif has said that about me then thanks to him!

Your ex-boyfriend Nihar Pandya will be debuting with Prashant Chaddha, the director of ‘Aap Ka Surroor’. What would you like to say?

It is something he always wanted to do. He always wanted to be a part of this industry. I would like to wish him all the best.

Getting off the track a bit, how much are you into reading and internet surfing?

I do read when I get the time. Internet is, however, quite restricted to just emails and work-related things. Nothing more than that.

It’s IPL season. Are you watching the matches and who are you supporting?

Yes I am watching IPL. As far as supporting goes, it is a tough choice for me between Mumbai Indians and Bangalore Royal Challengers. I am half here and half there.

Did Shah Rukh Khan invite you to South Africa?

Yes. But who wants to go so far. I wish it was here. I’d rather watch it on TV.

Finally, would you be considering any Hollywood offers?

Most definitely I would.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment