Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Photo of the Week # 1

OK, So I don't forget about my blog I am going to start a
"Photo of the Week" series.
Maybe just the image, maybe a story behind the image.
Let's see how long I can keep it going.

This image was taken on May 2nd 2006. It was in Delray Beach, Florida at Wakodahatchee Wetlands. I was talking to a gentleman from England and I spotted this Purple Gallinule walking on the Fireflag stalk in attempt to get to the tender buds, a favorite food, at the end of the stalk. I quickly focused & fired off 6 shots and during that the Purple Gallinule opened it's wings to better balance itself.

The funny thing is that it all took place in about 2 seconds. The English man was still talking and never even turned to see what I shot. I too kept up the conversation for a few more minutes and forgot about the shot until I got home.

I am proud to say this is also my first published image.

Cool huh ?

Michael Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment