Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All you Indian muslims wear black band on this Eid: Dia Mirza




All Indian muslims to wear black band on Bakr-Eid to protest against terror attacks… bollywood reacts.

Dia Mirza: "Of course I will wear a black band. It will give out a token signal against polarization in the nation. It is important for the Muslim community to speak up at this time and protest against acts of terror.

Irrfan Khan: "Yes I will wear the black band to send out the message that terrorists are the enemies of Islam. And they cannot divide Indians in the name of religion 

Naseeruddin Shah: "The trouble with these symbolic gestures is you feel you've done your bit. We should hold on to this feeling of dissastisfaction and helplessness so that we are galvanized into action. 

Muslims feel obliged to take up token gestures to distance themselves from the bastards behind the 26/11 horror. But why are Indian Muslims perpetually required to prove their patriotism?

Abbas (of Abbas-Mustan): "Yes, on Eid-ul-Zoha we will definitely wear a black band and request the entire Muslim community to do the same to show the world that we condemn terrorism and stand unified to combat it. 

Shabana Azmi: "I'll most definitely wear the black band and urge all Indians to do so."

Iqbal Khan: "Yes I'll be wearing the black band to show that there is nothing called Islamic terrorism. I'm a Muslim and I know for a fact that Islam does not have anything to do with terrorism

Anees Bazmi: "Surely I'd be wearing a black band. Terrorism has no place in Islam"

Jiah Khan: "Yes I will be wearing it. We as Muslims don't believe in terror and condemn terrorism in the name of religion.We also need to remember the names of all the poor souls who lost their lives so cruelly and we'll pray for their peace

Kabir Khan (director of Kabul Express and New York): "Terrorists have no religion and this is something any thinking person would easily understand.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the thought that Indian Muslims have to go that extra mile to prove their allegiance with tokens of protest like the black band. Why just Muslims? Every Indian should be wearing black bands on the same day so that all of us can stand and be counted as one nation.

This would be a befitting reply to those failed nations that were created on the basis of religion. The media should give us space to condemn these madmen who have hijacked Islam with their lunatic interpretations

Abbas Tyrewala: "Yes, I'll be wearing a black armband. No clever or quotable reason for it. Just as a mark of support, solidarity and love for my city and community. And to show my rejection of violence in the name of religion, not just Islam.

Shabina Khan: "Yes I'll be wearing the band for sure. But why only Indians? I think ALL Indians should wear it to show we are one. We should wear a black band of protest even on Christmas day.

Eijaaz Khan: "I will wear it. I guess token gestures se hi kaam chalana padega. I think it would a good start for us Muslims to show we're part of the Indian mainstream reaction of anger and outrage against terrorism.

For now it might be the only gesture to prove we stand with the nation to condemn the attacks. It's imperative for the world to know what the educated Indian Muslim's sentiment is.

Farhan Akhtar: "My request is that all Indians should wear a black band regardless of their religion and community to show terrorists and those who try and exploit this situation in the upcoming elections that their tactics to divide us will no longer work.

Adnan Sami: "Sorry I won't wear the black band. These gestures are meaningless and cannot undo the ghastly tragedy that has fallen over our beloved city. Pardon me for saying this. But I think lighting of candles, etc is all humbug. 

Where was the state security when our Mumbayites were being mowed down? We were calling the Black Cats from Delhi! Why don't we have our own Black Cats in Mumbai? 

After all it is the financial capital of India. What difference is a black band going to make? Will it resurrect the dead? 

My heart bleeds for all those who died because of these barbaric brutal misguided fools who crept in from sea to drown us in shame and sorrow.

Muzzamil Ibrahim: "I'll be wearing the band for sure."

Zoya Akhtar: "Yes I will and I hope all Indians and not just the Muslims, do so

Imtiaz Ali: "Yes, the black band band will symbolize that disease that has hit the Muslim population—terrorism. And the mainstream Muslim's resolve to get rid of it. Bakri Eid is the festival of sacrifice. These are not safe times And this time we need to get out of our safe zone.

Amna Sharif: "First of all there's nothing to celebrate. And yes I'd wear a black band on an auspicious day like Eid but not only as a Muslim, but an Indian. All of us should stand united against the brutal terrorists who are enemies of humanity and peace." 

Zayed Khan: "Our nation has been attacked by a bunch of cowards who in the name of religion call themselves martyrs of God. What a joke! What kind of people would attack defenceless humanbeings? 

These people have hijacked our religion to put forward their own political agenda of dividing our people and country. We must pause to look at history where we'll see how the same divide-and-rule policy was applied by other invaders.

I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with all my brothers and sisters from every religion against the evil and cowardly act. 

I will wear the black band on Eid and urge every Muslim who loves India as much as I do to do the same. We must send out a clear and strong message to the perpetrators of this ghastly act that they can never ever win.

Baba Azmi: "Yes I will wear the black band and I think every Indian should be wearing it."
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment