Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Walnut Halves have Hearts!

I will tell you later how to crack walnuts in half so they look like hearts! Then you can eat the nut meats and make old fashioned toys out of the walnut shells!

When I was a child, we made walnut boats, and they really float!
I also made beds for teenie tiny dolls, with my little girl. Imagine Thumbelina!
Sometime soon, very soon, I will post directions! Really, I will! I always keep my promises!

Okay, here we go. . .the instructions are on my blog for adults, because it involves unsafe methods for children. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO ATTEMPT!

Here, now are some great suggestions for using walnut halves! I made these things with my children, as my Mother did with me!


Craft Suggestions:
Toy Boat - Melt paraffin into the hollow half, stick a toothpick mast in it, slip on a paper sail, and fill the bathroom sink with water for boat races!

Thumbelina Bassinet - Cut scrap fabric to size and glue in hollow half for bed linens. Glue teenie trim around the edges. Make a teensie quilt. Use trims and decor creatively. Think of ways to add buttons and sequins. (Like wiring buttons for wheels) I'm sure you'll know what to do! If you are lucky, you can still find a teenie tiny plastic doll in the babyshower favor section at your florist supply, otherwise you may have to be creative and make a Thumbelina. Polly Pocket might do!

No comments:

Post a Comment