Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hrithik Roshan's emotional outburst

It was a hugely emotional experience for Hrithik Roshan on Sunday evening (November 16) when he inaugurated the Audio and Speech therapy wing at the Nanavati Hospital.

There Hrithik met his old doctor, Ramesh Ojha who treated Hrithik for his speech impairment.

In a rare recollection of his traumatic childhood Hrithik says, " All the memory of my past difficulties came spilling out at Nanavati. When I met my doctor who treated me at age 14 for stammering I could barely control my emotions.

It's not easy to be a special child. You may be called 'special' to make you feel less troubled about your disability. But only a child who goes through the physical or psychological disability knows the trauma he goes through."

Sharing his own trauma at Nanavati was a cathartic experience. "As someone who has a certain standing I feel it's my duty to tell kids with disabilities to chill. 'It's okay, guys. I got over it. So will you.' I think it's very important for me to convey this message far and wide and I want to do it more often."

"When I stood there at Nanavati thinking of all those kids who would benefit by the facilities provided by my money I felt very good about myself. It's all very well to look after your own immediate family and care for friends.

But I believe money should also be used for the larger good. That's what I realized on Sunday evening. I feel charity is a very selfish thing. I feel so good after doing it.

I'm sure those who will benefit from my donation wouldn't feel as good about life as I do, " laughed Hrithik pleasurably on the morning after the Nanavati wing for audio and speech disorders was incepted.

Hrithik donated Rs 20 lakhs for the wing for special children. The wing has been named after his grandmother Ira Roshan, the late composer Roshan's wife, and Rajesh and Rajesh Roshan's mom.

Says Hrithik emotionally, "I shared some great times with my Daadi during my childhood and growing years. Today seeing my name and hers being associated with such a project, she must be smiling down."

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment