Thursday, November 20, 2008

I was betrayed: Eesha Koppikhar

Eesha Koppikhar is a firm believer in destiny and can be found muttering "Karmanyeva adhikarasya Ma faleshu Kadaachana" when questioned about the lack of successful films in the recent past.

"I love working in front of the camera and am passionate about the art. I don't think too much about what would happen next; least of all box office collections.

Recently when 'Hello' became a success and people started rattling down it's collections, I excused myself. I don't understand the business aspect of thinks and have no inclination to do so in future too.

I want my films to do well but can't have my life being dominated by them", says Eesha Koppikhar who just saw the release of 'Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi'.

Such statements coming from her are surprising though, especially when she showed a lot of promise in last couple of years when she was seen in biggies like 'Don - The Chase Begins Again', 'Salaam E Ishq' and '36 China Town'.

"Honestly, there is nothing that I can rave about in the films you mention", Eesha says in a matter of fact tone, "Quite frankly they didn't help me much.

I guess things seemed to be finally picking up for better after 'Kya Kool Hai Hum', which was a mega success and brought me some good reviews as well. However, the person looking after my work wasn't aggressive enough to help me capitalize on the film's success. But as I said, it's destiny."

Solo lead in 'Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi', a change in image and some good reviews coming her way would have come as an icing on the cake, isn't it?

"Of course yes", says Eesha without blinking an eyelid, "To be honest I was expecting good reviews from 'Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi' since Barjatyas have their own loyal set of audience.

This is the set of audience which always have a certain expectation from a Rajshri heroine and I had to be conscious about the fact that I do not disappoint them as well as the makers of the film. Now with good reviews coming the film's way, I am relieved.

I am sure the film, though released at a select number of prints, would continue to find an audience over a period of time."

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment