Sunday, April 4, 2010

pick out the magenta color from the under slip of the dress

I often wonder when I see pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker at Red Carpet events, whether Pat Field does her styling off the set of SATC as well. I think we can all agree that she looks great in this Dress from Dior and I love the way that at over 40, she can wear over the knee dresses with confidence, but with legs like that, who wouldn't? but I am not so sure, in my quest to look "polished" and "well put together" whether I would be wearing Brian Atwood snakeskin shoes in a completely different colorway to anything on the dress. If it was me, I would probably go for plain black shoes or pick out the magenta color from the under slip of the dress. Would this just be playing it safe?

The whole look is very "Carrie", with a mix match of colors and textures which always work on the character but much less so on us mere mortals, who would just look as though we didn't have the appropriate accessories to go with our frock, or couldn't afford them. For once, I think it is a bit overdone, trying too hard perhaps, too much going on in the way of necklaces with a v neck dress and I would limit the arm candy, to just one piece and let the dress do the talking. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment