Sunday, March 22, 2009

Directors pick Rani's best

Rani Mukerji turns 31 today. As she celebrates her birthday, we spoke to some of the directors she has worked with and they are well, (almost) unanimous in their decision that Black is her best performance so far. Read on to find out.



Vikram Bhatt, Director, Ghulam: Black would be my favourite performance of Rani Mukerji. It takes a lot of courage for an actress to de-glamorize herself and makes faces. It is very important for actresses to look pretty all the time and for an actress to sell all that for a performance that it noticed in mainstream Bollywood is commendable



Goldie Behl, Director, Bas Itna sa Khwaab Hai: I think everyone’s favourite performance if Rani would have to be Black and there are no two ways about it. I was awestruck by the way she carried herself and communicated without saying a single word. It was a sensational performance right from the first frame where she walks towards the Church.



Tarun Mansukhani, Assistant Director on Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Paheli and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna: I loved Rani in Black. My favourite scene in the movie is when she calls her mother to tell her she has failed. It is am amazing piece of work to say so much without speaking a word. She makes you cry and feel your own failures and then realize that we are all the same and go through the same emotions in life.



Aziz Mirza, Director, Chalte Chalte: Rani is a very fine, natural actress. No matter what the roles, she shines in all her performances. I can’t pick a favourite performance. She was brilliant in Black and very good in Chalte Chalte.



Ravi Chopra, Director, Baabul: Black has to be Rani’s best performance. She was terrific, she made me believe she was the character she was playing and not anyone else. You felt for her character. My favourite scene was the last scene in which she gets her degree.



Kunal Kohli, Director, Hum Tum, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic: My favourite Rani film and performance would have to be Hum Tum. It was the first film with which I got success and she got her first best actress awards at all the functions. More importantly, she was a big support to me during the making of the film and I will always remember her very warmly for that.
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment