Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adhyayan Suman: I am getting six-pack abs

Adhyayan Suman recently inaugurated C’est La Vie gym in Bandra. The up and coming actor tells us about his fitness routine, foods he loves and hates and why he wouldn’t want to influence anyone to follow the crash diet he put himself on to lose 60 KGs in six months.


We have heard you lost 60 KGs in six months. How did you put on all that weight?
My parents have pampered me endlessly. They thought I was a growing child or badhta bachchan who needed to eat. So they fed me all the food I loved like butter chicken. Before I knew it I was 120-130 KG and six feet tall. I looked really bad.

How did you lose the weight? What was your motivation?
It was my dream to become an actor. I gave myself two choices: to eat all the time, get fat and look bad or to lose weight and become an actor. Acting is more important to me than eating all the time. So I worked out really hard for four hours everyday.


What was your diet like during that time?
I followed a very wrong, crash diet and I wouldn’t want anyone to follow it. The diet wasn’t right but I wanted to lose weight more than anything else. I ate very less. It was apple with coffee in the morning, few slices of chicken for lunch, fruits in the evening and 3-4 bottles of water for dinner. I used to feel dizzy and sick. I follow a balanced and guided diet now

What is your diet like right now?
I have a protein shake before my workout. I do cardio in the morning. Then I have a banana. I have roti, green veggies and brown rice for lunch. I have a protein shake in the evening and do weight training for two hours. Dinner is dal, chicken and soup. I avoid rotis at night.


Do you have any binge days? What are your favourite foods?
I binge every 15 days when I go out and eat whatever I want. I love eating red Thai curry, fried rice, butter chicken and sweet and sour chicken. I have a weakness for chocolates; I can’t live without them. Every 3-4 days, I cheat and take a bite of Cadbury and KitKat, instead of eating an entire bar. I love Cadbury.

Tell us about the health foods you eat. Do you like energy drinks?
I hate having protein shakes because I mix it with water. It is tasteless. I can’t even have it with milk because that is fattening. I love eating ghar ka khana and that is really healthy. I am too younga nd energetic to rely on energy drinks.


Tell us about your exercise routine. What’s your favourite and least favourite exercise?
I do two hours of cardio in the morning; I run at Andheri Sports Complex. I do weight training in the evening; 2 body parts each day. I love climbing stairs and running. I love to work out my back muscles. I hate doing abdominal exercises but the end result with sculpted abs looks great.


Are you working on six-pack abs?
Yes, I am getting six pack abs and a sculpted body for my next film. It is a romantic action comedy but I can’t talk about it right now.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment